Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ducks, Ducks, Parades and the Weird Things People do!
























































There never seems to be and end to the crazy stuff my people do! They continue to feed the ducks and they are multiplying! And there are three who hang out under the dock and get fed several times a day, what are they thinking??? Then that wily muskrat swims right under my nose. My people seem to think I am going to jump in the water, but I don't know about that! They also got dressed up in funny clothes and rode around the town with hundreds of other folks and wanted me to be a part of it. Well I just rode in the car with Charlie the driver, I fell asleep on the seat so I missed some more of the weird things people were doing. There were horses and tractors, noisy vehicles and people playing music. It was crazy, I was glad to get back to the cabin and stand guard duty to the ducks!
Then they did another crazy thing, they got dressed up again and rode around in a boat while dozens of other people did the same thing. I was scared in the boat, not too sure about this whole boat thing. But after we got out of the boats we were at a party and there were lots of dogs, it was like an up north dog park. There were people and kids everywhere, and one kid dropped her ice cream, but Quincy got to it first! He doesn't seem to care too much about those ducks either, he doesn't like to swim. Togo and I nearly caught some, but my mom yelled at us and we let them go. Flags were everywhere, and at night, fireworks. Were they after the ducks finally? Mary Lou has hunted lots of squirrels and chipmunks and I found one and rolled in it. I got another bath. I have been getting a lot of them lately, in the lake. At least the water is warm! Well gotta go watch for more ducks, this is better than Animal Planet!

1 comment: